Industry Benchmarks and Best Practices: Chartwell’s Quarterly Review (Chartwell Members Only Webinar)
Date: Dec 13, 2018
Time: 2:00 PM ET
Chartwell’s research team will review industry benchmark data and best practices published during the last quarter of this year. Featured topics will include:
• Customer Expectations: Most utilities in the United States and Canada remain insulated from direct competition, but they increasingly must compete for customers’ attention and loyalty in a rapidly changing economy whose norms are set by the likes of Amazon, Google and Apple. Chartwell’s consumer survey of 1,500 residential electric utility customers sheds light on the utility programs and services that can increase customer loyalty and satisfaction.
• Billing Programs: Continuing efforts by utilities to increase eBill adoption among customers have resulted in a reduction of paper bills and opened opportunities for greater potential savings than in past years. At the same time, proliferation of new billing technologies has proceeded out of step with customer preferences and enrollment in some areas. Mobile apps and prepay show gaps between utility offerings and customer interest and enrollment, creating a need for shifts in strategy and customer engagement.
• Outage Maps: Utilities continue to provide more information on their maps that is highly valued by customers, such as estimated times of restoration and crew status. Nevertheless, relatively few customers (39%) are aware that utilities offer an outage map. Chartwell consumer survey data indicates that customers who are aware of their utility’s outage map are more satisfied. Utilities can do more to promote these valuable communications tools.
Attendees will also learn about upcoming Chartwell research topics and events.
Scott Johnson - Vice President, Chartwell Inc.
Scott is an accomplished researcher who is recognized industry-wide for uncovering industry trends and facilitating unprecedented collaboration among members of Chartwell’s research councils. He joined Chartwell as a senior research analyst in 2006 and was appointed Chartwell’s Vice President in 2014.
- KCP&L grows electronic payment channels with strategic approach… »
- Calling all outage communications thought leaders: Best Practices Award deadline is just a few weeks away… »
- Dominion Energy Virginia flips the conventional customer experience model with its Strategic Underground Program… »