SCE Connects Crews to Customers and Prioritizes Fast, Accurate, Proactive Communications
Date: Aug 28, 2019
Time: 2:00 PM ET
Despite wildfires, thousands of maintenance and repair outages and other unprecedented challenges, Southern California Edison implemented several improvements in 2018 that delivered proactive, low-effort improvements to the outage customer experience. Among those achievements:
• SCE used Agile project management to develop a smartphone application for field crews with the goal of improving both restoration efficiency and customer communications. The C3 (Customer Crew Connect) app automated processes that were formerly manual, significantly reducing the time required to make accurate outage updates by helping crew members avoid busy phone lines, miscommunications and errors.
• SCE implemented the Outage Progress Tracker (aka “The Pizza Tracker”) to provide a low-effort way for customers to track their outages.
• SCE enhanced its Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) protocol to reduce the risk of utility-generated ignitions by shutting off power during high fire threats in the company’s most vulnerable, fire-threatened areas.
• Revamped our outage schools to be rebranded as powertalks to provide customers with needed education around outages and wildfire mitigation, including PSPS.
• Developed a customized messaging solution with a third-party vendor that allows us to notify customer about a PSPS event.
Attend this webinar to learn how SCE has maintained and even improved customer satisfaction in the wake of difficult outage scenarios.
- Get the latest data on robotics process automation, payment methods and more!… »
- The pioneers are still standing – will more utilities charge ahead with auto-enrollment?… »
- ComEd, JEA, Pepco, SCE and Tucson Electric Power recognized with Chartwell’s 2019 Best Practices Awards… »