IVR Improvements Prioritize the Customer Experience
Within the utility industry, the IVR serves as a vital channel for bill payment, payment arrangements, and outage reporting. In this report, Chartwell uses benchmarks from consumer and industry surveys and interviews with utility and vendor subject matter experts to explore the ways in which utilities are enhancing their IVRs as they make a concerted effort to move more customers to self-service platforms while maintaining or even improving customer satisfaction.
- An effective IVR implementation can cut costs, increase call containment, and raise CSAT scores.
- Many customers prefer to self-serve, although some will always choose more personal interaction.
- IVR improvements should have a measurable goal that benefits the customer, the utility, or, preferably, both.
- Leadership buy-in for IVR improvement efforts is critical.
- Removing unnecessary steps from an IVR transaction can increase containment rates and decrease task completion times.
- To continue reading this research piece, please login using your Chartwell credentials and click the “View Resource” button.
- If you do not have login credentials, click here to connect with Tim Herrick about Chartwell Membership.
You may also like
PSE&G Marketing Program Reaches Customers with Financial Assistance After COVID-19
Following the complex impacts of COVID-19, PSE&G launched a Payment…
Engaging Employees is Critical in a Post-COVID Environment
Like other industries, utilities are addressing unprecedented challenges in hiring,…
Hydro Ottawa Programs Minimize Impact of Planned Work in COVID Era
In 2021, Hydro Ottawa launched its Battery Loan Pilot Program…