Salt River Project IVR Enhancements Increase Self-Service Rates
Salt River Project (SRP) partnered with Interactions to develop and implement a series of enhancements to its IVR functionality, including the development of an intuitive and adaptive system that can assist customers in completing many tasks over the phone without requiring a live Customer Service Representative. The resulting enhancements increased IVR call containment and improved the customer experience, and the utility has continued to add functionality.
SRP began to look for a better automated system that would be able to handle more than two million calls per year.
The utility also wanted to:
- Support the company’s stated goal of being an industry leader in customer service
- Reduce SRP’s reliance on seasonal CSR hiring
- Enable proactive outage confirmations through self-service
- Free more CSRs to handle critical issues for customers, and give customers quick access to CSRs when necessary
- To continue reading this research piece, please login using your Chartwell credentials and click the “View Resource” button.
- If you do not have login credentials, click here to connect with Tim Herrick about Chartwell Membership.
You may also like
Utilities Navigate Priorities for ETR Messaging
Estimated Times of Restoration (ETRs) are a critical tool for…
Consumers Energy IVR Enhancements Improve Customer Experience
In 2020, Consumers Energy launched a series of improvements to…
Industry Benchmarks and Best Practices: Chartwell’s Q2 2022 Review
Please join us for Chartwell’s quarterly round-up of recent research…