Salt River Project IVR Enhancements Increase Self-Service Rates
Salt River Project (SRP) partnered with Interactions to develop and implement a series of enhancements to its IVR functionality, including the development of an intuitive and adaptive system that can assist customers in completing many tasks over the phone without requiring a live Customer Service Representative. The resulting enhancements increased IVR call containment and improved the customer experience, and the utility has continued to add functionality.
SRP began to look for a better automated system that would be able to handle more than two million calls per year.
The utility also wanted to:
- Support the company’s stated goal of being an industry leader in customer service
- Reduce SRP’s reliance on seasonal CSR hiring
- Enable proactive outage confirmations through self-service
- Free more CSRs to handle critical issues for customers, and give customers quick access to CSRs when necessary
- To continue reading this research piece, please login using your Chartwell credentials and click the “View Resource” button.
- If you do not have login credentials, click here to connect with Tim Herrick about Chartwell Membership.
You may also like
Utilities Continue to Reduce or Eliminate Credit Card Fees
Customers continue to ask utilities to provide the same flexibility…
Con Edison Harnesses Data Analytics to Reimagine Customer Experience
Con Edison has launched a Customer Data Analytics program to…
Hydro One Improves CSAT, Efficiency with Innovative Level UP Program
Hydro One’s customer team identified challenges to its operations that…