SCE Connects Crews to Customers and Prioritizes Fast, Accurate, Proactive Communications
Despite wildfires, thousands of maintenance and repair outages and other unprecedented challenges, Southern California Edison implemented several improvements in 2018 that delivered proactive, low-effort improvements to the outage customer experience. Among those achievements:
• SCE used Agile project management to develop a smartphone application for field crews with the goal of improving both restoration efficiency and customer communications. The C3 (Customer Crew Connect) app automated processes that were formerly manual, significantly reducing the time required to make accurate outage updates by helping crew members avoid busy phone lines, miscommunications and errors.
• SCE implemented the Outage Progress Tracker (aka “The Pizza Tracker”) to provide a low-effort way for customers to track their outages.
• SCE enhanced its Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) protocol to reduce the risk of utility-generated ignitions by shutting off power during high fire threats in the company’s most vulnerable, fire-threatened areas.
• Revamped our outage schools to be rebranded as powertalks to provide customers with needed education around outages and wildfire mitigation, including PSPS.
• Developed a customized messaging solution with a third-party vendor that allows us to notify customer about a PSPS event.
Attend this webinar to learn how SCE has maintained and even improved customer satisfaction in the wake of difficult outage scenarios.
- Sandra Labib – Senior Advisor, Southern California Edison
In 2010, Sandra started her career at Southern California Edison (SCE) in the Transmission & Distribution Civil Engineering Group. In 2013, she worked as a Project Manager for the Walt Disney Company in Anaheim, CA. During the 5 years she spent with Disney, she managed a $30 million-dollar portfolio and served on the Disney VoluntEARS Leadership Council. Sandra came back to SCE in 2017 as a Project Manager for the Outage Customer Experience Strategy & Design Team where she led outage improvement projects that impact customer satisfaction. With over 300 employees nominated, Sandra was selected as an SCE’s Values Ambassador. As of September 2018, Sandra is a certified Yellow Belt Kaizen Facilitator and is currently pursuing her Green Belt certification through SCE’s Lean Six Sigma Training Program. As of February 2019, Sandra now serves on the Business Customer Division (BCD) Outage Management Team as a Senior Advisor and is responsible for implementing SCE’s new Outage Communications Command Center.
*To view this webinar, please login using your Chartwell credentials and click the “View Resource” button. If you do not have login credentials, click here to connect with Tim Herrick about Chartwell Membership.