Billing Industry Benchmarks 2020
Chartwell’s Billing Industry Benchmarks report includes findings from the 2019 Billing Survey, which was conducted during the third quarter of 2019 and features more than 40 complete responses from utilities across the United States and Canada. Among the report’s key findings:
- More than 40% of survey respondents are either piloting or considering prepay programs.
- Utilities save an average of 54 cents per customer per month by distributing eBills rather than paper bills. Unfortunately, paper bills are still the top choice for customers.
- The use of Robotics Process Automation (RPA) to automate billing tasks is poised for growth within the industry, with more than two-thirds of utilities using, developing or considering RPA implementation.
- To continue reading this research piece, please login using your Chartwell credentials and click the “View Resource” button.
- If you do not have login credentials, click here to connect with Tim Herrick about Chartwell Membership.